As first advised on our newsletter dated 29th May 2018, with effect from 1st June 2018, China Customs has put forward new data requirements for FWB/FHL transmissions. We have since been contacting you to provide any shortfalls in data. To a large extent we have seen a positive response and the required data elements are being provided, albeit after flight arrival.
We need your continued support to pro-actively ensure these data elements are being provided and physically printed on the MAWBs & HAWBs. Our current daily follow-up process to contact you for all missing data is not sustainable. We need your support to ensure the data is provided by our customers.
This is now URGENT. We need to have your total cooperation to ensure we can continue to carry your cargo to Shanghai (PVG), securely and on-time. Below is what we require from you:
- The necessary data elements to be provided BEFORE shipment delivery at origin.
- The data to be provided in the correct format and in the Excel sheet format as shown below.
- This Excel sheet to be sent to ACS.Data.Quality@dhl.com
To support you with this, our team will advise you of all future booked shipments each day which have outstanding data requirements.
Whilst we expect this situation to be temporary, we are planning for development to our CMS and Messaging systems, to facilitate the receipt & transfer of the complete FWB/FHL messages. More updates will follow on this.
Meanwhile, our customers need to include FWB/FHL data in the OCI line of the respective message. This is a structured data format. Please ensure you are engaging with your customers on this topic as a matter of urgency.
As a reminder, the following information must be included in the OCI line of the FWB/FHL, and physically printed on the hard copy MAWB/HAWB:
- Consignee Code (Chinese Company registration code “USC”)
- Consignee telephone number, fax or email address
- Consignee contact name (individual)
- Consignee contact telephone number, fax or email address
- Shippers company registration number or VAT number
- Shippers telephone number, fax or email address
We depend on the continued support of all parties. Failure to comply with these requirements will ultimately result in delayed shipments, plus potential of extra costs.
Please ensure all your Sales & Ops personnel are up to date on these requirements. Additional updates will be issued as and when we receive further clarity on the situation. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
Air Capacity Sales